Lately, every time I peruse my fave stores and boutiques I’m stopped in my tracks by stunning pieces, only to look at the designer and see it’s Vince Camuto (as I instagrammed here). Naturally, having started his career as a shoe designer, his footwear is nothing short of fabulous and his accessories and bags follow suit with edgy details and statement hardware (my FAVOOOOOOORITE!!!!!!!). While I, personally, think his clothing line has some room to grow, the pieces are perfectly understated enough to be worn with the more brazen pieces from his other collections, don’t you think? I’m officially obsessed. Here’s the scoop on the designer + some pieces I’m eyeblallin’.
1. Vince (first name basis?) was born and raised in New York City’s Lower East Side and, in fact, he started his career at a shoe store on Fifth Avenue.
2. Started as a shoe designer and co-founded Nine West in 1978. He stayed with Nine West for more than two decades, becoming it’s CEO in 1993. He stayed with Nine West until they were acquired by Jones Apparel Group.
3. He collaborated with Tory Burch to launch her shoe collection in 2006 and helped create the Reva. (Thanks, V!)
4. He’s been married for over 20 years to former model, Louise Camuto (awwwwwww)
5. He’s a doctor!! Well.. kind of. In 1997, Roger Williams University bestowed upon him an Honorary Doctorate of Management. And when you consider his resume, it’s easy to see why…
He’s kind of a business pimp, founding the Camuto Group in 2001 which provides design, sourcing, marketing and production services to over 5400 department and independent retailers throughout the world. Under the Camuto Group, Vince and his team acquire exclusive licensing rights in order to help brands take their line to next level. So let’s say BCBG wants to launch a shoe line with just the right touch of playful chic for their brand– they sign over exclusive licensing to the Camuto Group and in 6-12 months time, they have a whole new shoe collection for their devoted shoppers to swoon over. Along those same lines, The Camuto Group offers brands additional breathing room by taking on anything they else they need, be it design, marketing, PR or even legal direction. Pretty bad ass maintain eternal collabs, right?!