Tis the season for holiday parties!!! And with holiday parties come blurry mornings in a hotel room thinking “I can’t believe brunch is in 20 minutes OMG where is my life?” And when this happens, as it did to me this morning, these eight items can save your life. Or at least your face …and your reputation.
1. Evian Mist: After a hard night, you just need some hydration—both internally, and topically. Like many now-loyalists, when I first heard of Evian mist I thought it was the stupidest thing I person could purchase. But then I tried it. And when I woke up this morning, I wanted nothing more than a refreshing, eye-opening, hydrating mist of the Apls’ best.
2. A Lash Reviving Mascara: If you washed your mascara off the night before, good for you. When I’m at an event that calls for an overnighter, I usually don’t make it that far. Which is why I love having a high-quality mascara that can break up my lashes and basically open my eyes for me. Of course, if you have the room in your bag, I’d employ the lash tips I suggested in this post.
3. Well Rested: It’s amazing. A Sunday (and Monday) savior I can’t live without.
4. ‘Help I Have Problems’ Remedies Kit: These fast became my favorite once I discovered them! They have one for every ailment and error you could encounter. Blister from your cute new shoes? No problem. Headache from the bubbly? Here you go. Brilliant right?
5. Bare Minerals Essentials Palette: Yeah—it’s basically everything you would need to get your life back in order, in a palette. It comes with foundation, bronzer, laminator, veil, a concealer, and applicators for all. Oh, and a cute little keepsake makeup clutch. A must have for any party and/or morning after for the rest of my life.
7. Vitamin C Cleansing Towelettes and/or Milk Proteins Towelettes: Luckily, these little gems help save your skin while saving your energy and effort. And you likely did some damage, so your skin needs some love.
If you’re feeling uber sleepy, or if you were in a bar that was smokey, definitely go with the vitamin C wipes. If you’re feeling like you need some plumping hydration, go with the Milk Proteins. Use one of these prior to misting with a little Evian and you’ll have one of those oh, cleaning my face helped a lot, I feel so much better moments. It only lasts a moment. But it’s bliss.
8. Orbe Texturizing Spray: You know. I mean… You just know. If you don’t, this look-good-anytime travel size is a must get. P.S. This makes a great stocking stuffer too!
9. Bonus! Stephanie Johnson Travel Case: I never leave home without mine! Perfect little getaway pouch that fits it’s all. (actually.. it won’t fit both the Orbe and the Evian—I keep the Evian in my bag and the Orbe in my travel case)