I clearly remember the first time I walked into an A.L.C. boutique in NY. I was immediately smitten: the clean lines; the feminine pieces with just a touch of boyish charm; the interesting fabrics—I was in heaven. But I didn’t know too much about the brand or the woman behind the line until recently. Now ‘Im even more in love!!! Here’s a few fun facts about A.L.C. and the genius behind the line.
1. Launched by Andrea Lieberman in 2009, A.L.C. stands for Andrea Lieberman Collection.
2. She’s a little globe trotter! Born and raised in NYC, Andrea Lieberman attended Parson’s to study fashion with the dream of one day launching her own label. After graduation she traveled the world, working for the likes of Giorgio Di Sant’Angelo and Romeo Gigli. She also spent two years living in Africa where she became inspired by eccentric jewelry and fine textiles.
3. A.L.C. wasn’t Andrea’s first venture. After returning to NYC, she opened her first boutique called Culture and Reality, which eventually led her into the world styling.
4. She got up close and personal with Gwen Stefani and was even involved with the initial design and launch of L.A.M.B. Who knew?!
5. In her styling career, Andrea Lieberman was responsible for THIS. True story.
Here’s a few of my favorite pieces from her line available on Shopbop. But be sure to check out her website, too!! So many more dreamy pieces. Her spring 2013 line is literally killing me. Anyone have a black amex they feel like parting with?