Okay. I concede. It’s going to be zero below until May and there’s nothing I can do about it. But I can warm up with yummy and unique hot chocolate recipes!!! I scoured Pinterest and here are four I can’t wait to try!!! The first one especially. Holy Moly. Bring on the whipped topping!
by Casie Mace on November 25, 2013
by Casie Mace on November 22, 2013
It’s officially time to prep for the holidays!!! Hope you all have an amazing weekend!!! Happy Friday!
by Casie Mace on November 21, 2013
Can we take a second to give props to these ladies for their oh-so-chic collabs?! The prints created by Stephanie Sterjovski of SS Print Shop never disappoint, but her collab with Glitter Guide was just too adorable for words! And I’m obsessed with the pieces she created with Monika of Shop by Monika –they are too gorgeous! But the fun doesn’t stop there. The newly released print collection over at Caitlin Moran’s Cin Cin Vintage is also a must check out. I’m in love with these prints!! And they were released in the nick of time, because I’m in th final stages of planning the last three walls I need to fix up. I just ordered “Bonjour” which Im so excited about because it’ll look so cute next to the print I made for my entry (which you may remember from this post). I also ordered “Eclat”, which I can’t wait to style next to my By Luciana “Non, Je ne regret rein” — eeeeeeek! Chic prints just bring a room together, don’t they!?
1. “Bonjour” | SS Print Shop
2. “Crème de la Crème” | Shop by Monika
3. “Eclat” | The Glitter Guide + Stephanie Sterjovski of SS Print Shop
4. “Non, Je ne regret rien” | By Luciana
5. “More Gin Please” | Cin Cin Vintage
6. “Champagne is Always the Answer” | image, Cin Cin Vintage and in pink – stop it.
7. “More Bubbly Please” | Cin Cin Vintage
by Casie Mace on November 20, 2013
I know I’ve been doing a lot of darkness-inspired posts lately. It’s winter. I’m depressed about it. Whatever. Plus, I love how a black-out look lets you get a little crazy with texture while still keeping it classy. I mean seriously these Giuseppe Zanotti heels? Texturing fun meets sexy sexy sexy. I wish. Although I must say it’s these (super reasonably priced) Sole Society boots that have stolen my heart. Must. Get. Asap!
by Casie Mace on November 20, 2013
If only stupid things like “money” and “budgets” were non-issues. Alas, I’m not in any position to cart even one of these, but as the temps drop, I’m dying to splurge on a seriously gorgeous and warm winter coat!! Here are two I have my savings on. How gorgeous is this blue??
by Casie Mace on November 17, 2013
It’s no secret that I’m about as ummmm , let’s say ‘low maintenance’ in the beauty arena as they come. Which is why I’ve become extra pro at a few makeup and beauty shortcuts. And to think — this is just 8 of many…. Happy Monday!
1. Lash Refresh: Trade mark pending? But seriously… Do you ever want fresh, pumped-up lashes for happy hour, but can’t deal with re-doing your eye makeup altogether? Simply Wash an old mascara wand (or buy a fresh one) and keep a little bottle of eye-makeup remover in your desk. Dip the wand into the make up remover, remove excess liquid and swipe over lashes. Before it can dry all the way, follow up with your favorite mascara. Let dry. Voila.
2. Perfectly Rosey: You know that fresh, just-snow-kissed, super together look some woman pull off in the winter? Apparently one way to do it is to tie your beauty palette together by using the same hue on your cheeks that you use on your lips. And no, I don’t just mean ‘close in color’ — I mean the same exact tube of lipstick can serve as your perfect-for-the-day blush. Just grab a forgiving blush brush (soft soft bristles), give your favorite lipstick a soft swipe and wisp the brush right over your cheek bone.
3. Dewy Glow: Get a seriously gorgeous, dewy glow by blotting your favorite soft pink gloss on your cheek bones and eyelids. It’s like magic.
4. For WOW eyes: This. Just… This.
5. For WOW eyes in a pinch: Yes, you can give your eyes some serious punch, even in a pinch. Just grab your favorite eyeliner pencil and you can use your mascara as eyeliner! Genius, right? I tried this and I have to say i loved t results. Definitely a solid alternative for a dramatic eye.
6. DIY Liquid Liner: Your eyeshadow can quickly and easily turn into the best liquid liner ever, in the color you wished you could always find. Whether your eyeshadow is powder or pressed, just mix it with a touch a water, stir and swipe. It’s the best. I’ve found this comes in handy when I want to have fun with purples.
7. Awesome trick for awesome lashes: Using a Q-Tip, dust a little baby powder over your eyelashes, then follow up with your favorite mascara. Fuller lie woe.
8. Shattered your favorite palette? No worries! You can fix it right up. Simply stir the remains with a bit of rubbing alcohol until it makes a smooth ‘batter’. Once mixed, put some saran wrap over it and press back into shape. For this you can use a lid, a silver dollar or even your thumb. You can find an awesome tutorial for this over at The Beauty Department.
by Casie Mace on November 14, 2013
Nothing brightens your day quite like receiving snail mail. An envelope that opens to reveal a shiny pattern can only be upstaged by a sweet, thoughtful, hand-wrriten note from a good friend. I actually received the nicest snail-mail surprise a couple weeks ago, and when I went to write back I realized I was fresh out of my favorite ‘hello’ cards. Oh no! Naturally, I started browsing immediately. Here are a few that I think are just too cute! I love the ‘How The Devil Are you?‘ cards. The girly font and warm tone are such a perfect contrast to the Mae-West-meets-Audry-Hepburn one-liner. But the ‘Pop, Fizz, Clink!‘ are a must-get too! I think they’re just good to have on hand. And hello!!! Im obsessed with Ashley Brooke Designs ‘You’ve Got Fancy Mail‘ stamps!! A must for all your chic snail mail, obviously.
(top, bottom, left, right) So Sweet of You Cards | Midnight Gold Foil Cheers Card | How The Devil Are you? | You’ve Got Fancy Mail | Simple note card, fiery envelope | Pop, Fizz, Clink!–because in real life there’s always a reason…